About Optimist InternationalOur positive approach, our upbeat outlook and our commitment to creating a more optimistic future for our kids is what differentiates Optimist Clubs from any other volunteer community.
Communities throughout the United States, Canada and other nations have been touched by the powerful, positive force of the 150,000 Optimist Club members.
From sponsoring youth athletic leagues to weatherizing the homes of the elderly to conducting junior golf tournaments around the world--Optimists Clubs are responding to the special needs of our local communities.
Although we come from all walks of life, Optimist Club members share one common trait. We know we can make a difference.
"Involvement," "Confidence," "Enthusiasm," ...call it what you like but it works! Just ask the millions of people who have benefitted from our commitment to community.
And optimist club members receive as much as we give:
- The fellowship of people who get things done--and the example they set for embracing a similar optimistic mindset.
- New social and working relationships with individuals from a cross section of our communities.
- The opportunity to develop and demonstrate leadership skills locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally.
- And the satisfaction of making a difference in our own lives as well as our communities.
- Whether you're searching for an outlet to help your community, personal development, or rewarding camaraderie, you'll find what you're looking for in your local Optimist Club.
- Working directly with local schools to enhance education
- Conducting substance abuse prevention programs
- Coaching youth sports teams
- Tutoring and mentoring young people
- Painting the homes of the elderly and needy
- Conducting inner-city assistance projects
- Providing food baskets to needy families
- Assisting disaster relief to victims
- Reading to children
Last updated: Sunday, September 16th, 2007, 15:01:57.